Teaching your little ones healthy hair habits can be daunting. Even doing their hair at home is possibly a nightmare. When our kids leave for school their exposed to the playground (and I am sure we all have a sand pit experience), chlorine from swimming, bubble-gum somehow ending up in their hair – the list is endless. We can laugh about these incidents but its important to note that our kids’ hair and scalp are still fragile. We can’t run away from the mishaps that happen on the school playground, but we can make sure that we have the things which we can avoid in check.
Kiddies Hair Care Tips
- Make braids and ponytails loose and use covered rubber bands.
- Consider styles that don’t require heat and chemical treatments.
- When using heat on the hair, lower the heat.
- Understand that chemicals in relaxers, dyes, and other hairstyling products often damage the hair. The longer the time between treatments, the better it is for your hair.
- After your child swims, make sure to wash away pool chemicals. If your child’s hair is normal to oily, shampooing works best. Children who have very dry or African/natural hair should rinse well and apply conditioner. Pool chemicals that are not washed away can damage hair.
- Use a wide-tooth comb more often than a brush.
- When outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect the scalp and hair from the sun.
These are some of the basic things which we as parents are already aware of. The mistake which we make is leaving them at salons in the hands of people whose expertise is not on children’s hair care and you find your children dreading going to the salon. Magic Nemo is a Kiddies Hair Salon which provides hair care for your children in a fun and magical environment.